Hello everybody! So, with any journey, there are things you learn along the way. There will be highs and there will be lows but the main goal is to keep your focus on the prize and keep chugging along the way.
When it comes to keeping fitness goals it is extremely important to understand that reaching a particular fitness goal will not happen overnight.
So many of us falsely believe this to be the case. Especially when effort in exercising and time devoted to a specific meal plan is given. We inherently expect that the time just spent exercising will somehow automatically melt away those extra pounds and yield the proportionally aesthetic body achieved by others.
We fail to realize that it will take time to reach a specific fitness goal. Especially if extremely out of shape. We have to accept that it is with time and patience that we will ultimately better our condition and see the desired change. It is so easy to give up after only spending a short time working toward a fitness goal. The reality is we have to understand that time, patience, and dedication are needed.
I know because I personally experienced the feelings of failure and regret after not really putting forth a commitment to change. The failure that I did not stay in the grind of the week in and week out exercise routines. And regret that when the opportunity was there to devote time for fitness I never took full advantage.
Now, the mindset has changed and I am completely sold out to the lifestyle. For me, eating more fruits and vegetables and consuming less of foods high in fat helps me to feel energized and fresh each day. Learning more about how certain foods impact the human body help me to make wiser food choices. Accepting the fact that patience is key helps me know that I am closer to my fitness goal than the day before.
Sure, there were days when I questioned the process. Especially when I had a great workout the day before and did not see the expected physical change. Boy doubt definitely crept in!
But looking to others for motivation helped me to overcome! Yay!!!!
So, if you are in this predicament here are a few suggestions I believe will help you to keep your focus and stay the course toward your fitness goals.
- Know that you are not alone – there are many others that have to deal with the same struggles of being consistent day to day in reaching their fitness goals.
- Determine what your fitness goals are for you only – Understand others can encourage but only “YOU” can make it happen. Personalize those goals and own them!
- Develop a meal regimen – With any positive fitness goals paying attention to food consumption is a must. What you eat as well as when you eat is extremely important. Owning up to this will positively yield visible fitness results.
- Surrounding yourself with positivity – Just as there are focus groups for certain initiatives surround yourself with others that encourage the fitness lifestyle who can identify with the struggles.
- Devote time – the fitness lifestyle needs time. Make time for it. When we accepted the previous lifestyle we gave most of the time to it. Time devoted to the fitness lifestyle is a must.
- Read fitness material – spending time on websites that promote fitness and reading fitness material helps to educate and build your fitness IQ. Feed your mind with positive fitness material whether it be YouTube, a magazine, or a specific website.
- See yourself meeting those fitness goals – With any successful company, there is a mission statement. That mission statement helps to guide the company. Meaning all teams, districts, divisions, departments, and regions develop a plan to promote the overall company’s mission. Do the same! Develop a mission statement that says “I will promote and encourage fitness for me. I will read to educate myself, I will eat foods that encourage a healthy heart and promote clear mental thinking. I will reach my fitness goals by spending time exercising.
Although this is not a complete list, these are just a few suggestions to help you lock it down when it comes to meeting your fitness goals.
I do want to mention I am no professional but one that shares and encourages a positive life and health experience in others.
Thanks for reading and stay tuned! Next up……How consuming apples can help you meet your fitness goals.
Photos: courtesy of Giphy, Google Images