Welcome back, friends! So as promised this is part II of what benefits to expect if you have invested in New Year Health resolutions.
Let’s get to it, shall we?
- Increased bone density-You may have heard this at some point. Exercise helps to increase bone density. What’s the big deal about this? Well, as we get older we age. Just as a home, a car, or a stamping machine parts begin to wear out. We can prolong its operation though through good maintenance. When it comes to our bodies, the same is true. A study conducted in 2000 showed there was a slight increase in bone mineral density in subjects that engaged in High-intensity routines. The bones, in particular, can lose bone density as time passes. This loss can be combated against though through good maintenance. A well-balanced eating plan and exercise are key. Studies have shown that with resistance training specifically bone density was increased. The graph shows the relationship between age and bone mass. As one ages, the bone mass changes also. Physical fitness routines help the body respond positively, meaning muscles grow, oxygen is circulated, and bones are strengthened.
2. Develops goal setting-If you feel you are one that has a hard time accomplishing anything, having a workout and eating plan is a sure way to get started. Meal and workout plans are offered by a variety of companies who can customize them for the individual. Getting help here is crucial if you are serious about changing your position and reaching your goal. Once these tools are offered all one has to do is accept the change mentally. All else will fall into place. Goal reached!
3. Expand socially-If you have a fear of being around crowds and others, having a gym membership can start you on the path of being socially mature. Accepting a gym membership is an important part of any workout plan. Unless you workout at home having a gym membership is the way to go. You can immediately meet others who are enduring the same challenges. The similarities of others fitness journey can be a sure fire way to gain friends.
4. Increases strength and flexibility-Are you feeling weak in areas or not as flexible as you once were? Fitness routines can definitely help you achieve this goal. Stretching regularly reinforces flexibility. Adding weights to any workout plan helps. The trick here is that one does not have to start out with a lot of weight. Generally one tends to overdo it and quickly becomes discouraged trying to lift too much weight. Always start off with a low manageable weight that encourages proper form. As your body responds( muscle definition, fat loss, increased strength, flexible joints, mental endurance, energized cardio) you will automatically adjust the resistance to meet the challenge.
5. Increases confidence-So your confidence is low. You’ve gained more weight than expected. Your annual checkup revealed a few health issues directly related to behaviors that put one at risk. This is an all too common scenario which can be changed by one’s attitude. When one accepts a plan to change the condition of their health, meal and fitness plans follow. Over time with discipline, mental and physical results become visible. One becomes mentally energized with an awareness to choosing better foods that are nutritionally packed. One’s physical appearance changes. Through disciplined workouts, the body is looking leaner from the loss of fat and building of muscle. This combination mentally motivates the individual and builds confidence. Ultimately replacing doubt and shyness present before the transformation.
So, investing in your health for 2018 is promising! Never let doubt hinder you from at least trying. You will never know how far you can travel if you never go out. My hope is that these words of encouragement serve you well.
Much love my friends and stay encouraged.
Credits: courtesy of Giphy