posted first by Al Bell January 23, 2018
Hello friends! Glad to have you back.
So what’s in your tool bag. You know, just as a mechanic has a variety of tools in his tool bag to handle the jobs of working on a vehicle. Each tool is designed for a specific purpose and function. Sometimes the tools are used in the same time frame in order to tackle a specific job. Other times only one tool is used.
So, I ask again, what’s in your tool bag that helps you manage to navigate through life’s hurdles. Listed below are a few life tools that I believe are a must for anyone who needs to endure and overcome.
It is important to note that these tools can be used for any aspect of life where challenges may be encountered. Just as a mechanic can use his tools on just about any make and model vehicle, life’s tools can be too.
So shall we look into this tool bag? Let’s see what we have here.
- Laughter-Accepting laughter in your life will make a world of difference. Life can bring serious challenges sometimes that can take a physical toll on an individual. In this case, there needs to be an outlet. Some use drugs. Others use alcohol. A few try laughter. Laughter can offer great benefits. Studies show that when one laughs there are endorphins released that help one feel good and ultimately shift your focus off of whats stressful. The act of laughter helps one to keep their focus off of the circumstance and on the enjoyment of what makes him laugh. Who knew? Besides this, laughter is free and doesn’t cost anything. The only investment is the willingness of the individual to physically relax and mentally open up to receiving. https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2008/jul/06/healthandwellbeing4
- Faith-Faith is kinda like the milk added to a recipe for a cake. It helps to blend all the ingredients. You need faith in just about anything that is done. It is so interwoven that some things we handle in life are just accepted and not seen as faith in action. For example, it is assumed that after going to sleep one will wake up the next day. Do you just expect to wake? If you are in good health you may not think of this much, but if sickly the thought of not waking may enter frequently. What about venturing out to start a business. Does one just go for it? Or is one apprehensive? Either way, faith is still there. For the one, it is great for the other not so great. The point here is that at the core one must believe in order to give, get, or advance. What’s your choice?
- Doubt-The opposite of faith is doubt or unbelief. Unlike just giving up and accepting doubt wholeheartedly, there is healthy doubt. Let’s say you want to make a significant purchase that directly affects your household and has the potential to affect the cash flow. The purchase at first, may appear daunting and lead to doubt but when diligence is spent investigating every option a way may be seen that was not seen before. This is healthy doubt in action. Some may call it caution. In the end, pointed and diligent time is spent leading to an informed decision instead of a guess.
- Love-Love is essential in any toolbox of life. Love can be likened to that go-to tool which is always used. When there is a tough job this tool will always be used at some point. In life, love will face and deal with many of the selfish vibes encountered. Love helps a mother endure the entanglements of drugs she witnesses her child caught in. Love also causes that person to speak up and offer constructive words of encouragement when a friend is observed making decisions that will ultimately lead them to destroy themselves. If there is a definite go-to tool Love is that tool.
- Peace-Peace has to definitely be apart of the tool bag. Just imagine going to a library where there is a constant noise. One would find it difficult to concentrate and study on the topic at hand. Peace is that tool which helps to bring a bit of sanity to a situation. Embracing this characteristic will allow for all issues to be addressed without any noise. Professional teams address the issue of noise. Team members are trained to perform with one goal in mind; that of performing to reach the ultimate goal. So, if a team member introduces issues other than what the goal of the team is, it is addressed. That could mean being released from the team or just a sit-down talk. The issue can be looked at as noise detrimental to the entire team reaching their goal. Atmospherically, noise also can be likened to a calm sunny day versus a blustery cloudy day. There are just some things you can do on a sunny day that you would think twice about on a blustery cloudy day. Accepting peace as part of ones nature will most assuredly offer level thought to any situation.
This is most definitely not a complete list. Just as there are many mechanics there are a variety of persons. Each having their own set of tools. This is ok. Use what works to get that car, truck, furnace, air condition, or boat, fixed.
Have we connected on Instagram? If not, I would love to connect with you! Search for alfitlifeblogger! You will get a kick out of my corniness. Lol.