posted on September 15, 2018
Overall, it has been an enlightening experience to interview the ladies. One will certainly be energized to persevere through life’s challenges after reading their personal success stories.
This weeks guest is Tierra Baisden!
Tierra considers herself to be an overcomer. How? She admits she has battled mentally receiving acceptance from others. A common struggle among many who face peer pressure of some sort. As she has matured though, she understands that one must make up in their own mind to live their life for themselves and no one else, for this is what makes one unique. Tierra loves to binge watch her favorite TV shows, drink lots of coffee, and engage in physical fitness workouts alongside her husband. Read on as she shares her thoughts.
Welcome, Tierra! Glad to have you as a guess.
TWH– What is your definition of a Resilient Woman?
A strong woman for me exhibits Independence, takes on challenges, able to move forward when situations go left, and capable of standing up for yourself. I also think when women, specifically mothers who lose a child or overcome something traumatic while pregnant show signs of a strong woman. The strength they carry helps mold them to be this strong mother/person.
TWH– A Resilient Woman possesses these qualities. Explain.
Entertains Challenges: she takes on challenges like a champ. She goes head in and doesn’t think about it, she just does it.
Accepts Failure: even through mistakes, or something not going the way it should, she becomes persistence in bettering herself.
Enjoys Independence: being able to hold her own and do things herself, without always needing the help from someone.
TWH– Could you name a few situations that highlight or showcase the Resilient women in action?
- My mother! I don’t remember too much as a young kid, but for her to be able to handle my brother and me close in age, and then my sister at such a young age is amazing! The strength she had to gain by taking care of three young kids while my dad was working shows that woman/ mothers can do anything.
- My sister! She takes on motherhood with breeze; even when facing life’s obstacles.
- My friend! She recently had a baby, who had to face some challenges in the beginning. To see what she went through and how she overcame it blows my mind every time I think about it.
TWH– What barriers if any may the Resilient Women encounter?
- The number one thing that I think women encounter, is accepting self. Most women do not know how to love themselves and accept who they are. They compare themselves with other women and become this person they’re not.
- The workplace. Positions, sexual harassment, being at the top, etc.
TWH– Is society recognizing the resilient women today and if so how?
I would say yes and no. I know on IG, some of the women I follow (bloggers/mothers), from time to time post women who inspire them. So, I think women are being recognized for what they do, but I also don’t think that it’s being recognized enough (hence the no).
TWH– Who is your example of a strong woman? If more, its ok to share that too.
- From my age group, I would have to say a close friend of mine. Just seeing all that she has endured in the last couple of years inspires me as a woman and one day a mother.
- A friend from high school who lost her daughter last year. How she got through and still able to carry a smile.
- Women in general who are doing things for themselves, setting goals, and accomplishing them are all strong women!!
TWH– Do you feel there are limits to being a strong woman?
TWH– If you could help guide someone to being a strong woman how would you help them?
Letting them know they can do anything their heart desires. No matter what anyone says (family, friends, co-workers, etc), you can do it, if you believe it! You’ll be faced with challenges, but whatever you do, keep swimming! Don’t stop and stay stuck, because you’ll be stuck there forever. Never get comfortable! Don’t always look for help (nothing wrong with asking for help), but sometimes you have to do things by yourself, you can’t always depend on people. And, never put expectations on people, you’ll be left disappointed. Always remember to love yourself and take care of yourself!
Thanks, Tierra for sharing these inspiring thoughts. Your points are well noted. Especially your point of comparing one’s self with another.
Life certainly encompasses a combination of uniques individuals not a combination of the same.
Thank so much for taking the time to share your candid thoughts.
Well, there you go, my friend! Another encouraging life example of pressing through challenges. Tierra can be found on other social media outlets too. Check her out here.