Hello Friends! Welcome back to The Watering Whole. If you are like me, you might just be excited. Why? Its Autumn time or the time of year where the weather begins to change causing the leaves to change colors.
This is definitely a good time to assess where one may be in regards to meeting their yearly goal. Are you on track? If not, what is working? What is not working?
While there are plenty of things to prepare for on the personal side of things there are just a few things I want to share on the business side to be mindful of. These points have helped me to stay on track and realize results. I only share these to stir up thought which may lead to encouraging someone who is looking to assess progress within their business.
- What strategy is/is not working-With any business goal there should be a strategy utilized to get that business where it needs to go. For instance, let’s say company A has a product that it wants to sell to the masses. How would that company introduce that product? Would it decide to use commercial TV advertising or commercial radio? Whatever the strategy used, the time will come when the process will need to be assessed to determine how effective it is.
- Bang for the buck-This is a check on whether the monies spent toward your business are getting a good return. For example, business A decides to spend monies toward their product, advertising, and equipment. With any successful business, to be profitable their expenses need to be less than their income. A thorough monthly tracking of these items helps to see exactly what’s being spent and coming in.
- Assess the new-innovative and progressive businesses have in their overall plan a strategy to always think of creative ways to introduce a new product or share an existing one. Technology giants Samsung and Apple are constantly introducing more robust phones than the previous versions.
- Check competitor-in order to have a successful business one of the most crucial components to include is a plan to discover the competitor. In many ways, this helps to make your product or service better and unique. Competitors kinda bring out the best in another company by forcing that company to stay sharp in their products overall quality, appearance, and effectiveness. In the end, the customer is given a competitive choice.
Well, I hope this helps. The year is fastly approaching the end and it behooves anyone in business to recognize their purpose for starting and the need to reaffirm their business goals. That being said, if you have ventured out into the social media arena you will definitely see a need to try a few points if you have not done so already.
Again, these are just a few points. I know there are others. If so, share in the comments below.
Thanks, friend for stopping by and reading. Are we connected on Instagram? If not, I would be happy to connect with you. My IG connection is www.Instagram.com/Alfitlifeblogger/
Have you encountered a road block to your business progress
Hi friend! How was your week? Did it go well?
My week was not that bad. It went as expected. Lol.
I could not wait for the week to finish, I experienced circumstances that were not planned, and I pressed out another week of four to five good physical fitness workouts.
There was nothing drastic about it but I did receive inspiration on a concern that I periodically encounter throughout the year as well as others.
Let me explain!
Although you have a plan to reach a goal, do you sometimes feel like the wheels are spinning and no progress is being made? Or do you feel like you are expending plenty of energy but not going anywhere? Yes, you know the feeling. Don’t be alarmed!
This experience is all too common and affects many. It is the feeling of hitting a brick wall with no inspiration and not progressing toward your goal.
If you have encountered this I offer a few tips to help you get rejuvenated toward achieving your goal.
- It’s normal– Do not panic and get flustered. The experience happens to everyone from corporations, groups, organizations, and individuals. This may show itself when you see businesses revamp their business plans. Sometimes it could be offering a new menu item or possibly a refacing of a company’s image.
- Embrace it– The feeling one experiences could be a subtle sign to make one aware that what’s been working is getting outdated and needs revamping. Embracing the experience could almost be a matter of life and death for a business. Just think of a business you support continuing to promote the same marketing style that worked for them ten years ago trying to utilize the same promotional techniques years later. I am not sure if that product would sell so well.
- Reassess– The experience is a time to reassess what strategy that is currently in place. Over time the strategy may prove to be less effective as before and therefore needs tweaking. This could mean making the product or service more robust, less complicated, sleeker, user-friendly, or more colorful. Whatever the strategy change, a bit of research will be needed to ensure the change has the most “bang for the buck” in order to reach the goal.
- Document– When you encounter what feels like a brick wall, it is good to track and document the changes so you have a record of what has worked in the past. Record keeping helps to show how long what worked lasted and gives a snapshot of the business environment at that time. This is extremely important when working toward your goal because it highlights the economic and social climate of the time. What consumers buying habits are like shows in this data.
So, if your passion is in fitness, blogging, or another business you most certainly have encountered times that feel like your not making any progress. I implore you to use these tips to your advantage as they are effective in any business model. If I have missed any that you have used to keep your passion on track, please leave in the comments below.
Are we connected on the Instagram platform? If not, connect here. I would love to follow and support you! There you will find highlights on fellow bloggers, fitness tips, and of course daily motivation. See ya there.
Blogging can be a scary venture. With the right connections tho’ it can be a delightful learning experience.
Wow! I made it! Never thought I would make the one year mark of blogging, but I did. Why I did not think so, you ask?
Well, it seemed pretty scary. Writing and publishing before the world was not quite what I envisioned but after reading a few other posts I was encouraged. I thought if they could do it, then I can.
So what did I get out of blogging this past year? Well, I
- Met new friends– this was an exciting part for me as I have been told in the past that “I have never met a stranger”. This is certainly true as I have connected with many across the globe. Such a joy to meet others.
- Increased in knowledge– This one is a favorite of mine because I believe life, in general, is a learning platform. Because of this, I know I do not know everything so it stands to reason, I must be open minded if I want to grow in knowledge. Blogging has most certainly been a platform to learn. I love reading others passion and life experiences for they by default cause my spirit to be encouraged, motivated, empathetic, sad and excited. I have gained knowledge tips from financial, travel, parenting, entrepreneur, fitness, mental health, education, photography, and vlogging bloggers.
- Become a better writer– I can definitely see the difference in my writing. I don’t think I was that bad of a writer in the beginning but I know with the constant writing, I have fine-tuned my writing skills to get better. I must say I love Grammarly. It is definitely a writing tool one must download and have at their disposal. Reading others blog post also has helped to train my mind to good writing practices.
- Open-minded – Blogging has opened my mind up to inspiration. I was inspired before but now, blogging has stirred up the inner thoughts of inspiration by helping me to think outside the box. Things I never thought I would engage in seem very capable to do now.
These are just a few highlights of what I have gained over the past year. I am sure I will forever continue to grow and learn more as I progress through my blogging experience.
Stay tuned for my upcoming thanks and appreciation post. My experience has been fun and not without inspiration so I want to highlight those who have impacted me along the way. It will include shoutouts and how I have influenced along the way.
By the way, have you connected with me on the Instagram platform? If you have not, please do. There, you can view a few of the topics I write about in video. There on IGTv. Also, view daily fitness and life tips.
Thanks for the read! See ya next time.
Courtesy: Pixabay photos